Monday, October 18, 2010

A quick overview

In August of 2007 my wife and I found out that one of our daughters had selective mutism. We had never heard of it and didn't believe there was such a condition. After doing some research, we discovered that our daughter fit most of the traits of a selectively mute child.


I  created a selective mutism support group on Facebook, and then created a selective mutism forum (which was later added to my website, but is no longer active due to some corrupt code during an upgrade).

The website is still online, but I have not updated in a long time because I didn't do a proper backup of the file when I left my last job. A Voice for selective mutism The information is still useful and it includes something that can't be found anywhere else on the internet, a diary of my daughter's progress as she took medication as part of her treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment